The primary focus of the program is to prepare students to become successful veterinary assistants, capable of working with a broad range of animals in many different settings. Students have the opportunity to become an approved veterinary assistant (AVA).
Skills and Competencies:
- Reasoning and problem solving
- Competency in math and science
- The ability to manage oneself, others, time, and things
- The capacity to work well with people
- Manager of animal shelter
- Assistant at a veterinary hospital or humane society